Find out useful information about visiting Design Show Australia. Start to plan your schedule and make the most of your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Design Show Australia
Design Show Australia is the essential exhibition for design, architecture and fit-out. Whether your projects are commercial, workplace, retail, hospitality or residential, Design Show Australia is where you’ll find the most comprehensive showcase of products and materials for interiors.
Design Show gathers architects and designers with developers and industry tastemakers for a sensory experience. The event brings together top exhibiting brands and trade professionals who specify and purchase products for clients.
On the last day, the show opens to the community to inspire home remodeling projects, provide access to resources for their interiors, and to connect with architects and designers for their projects.
Who can attend and when?
Design Show Australia is open to design professionals and consumers.
The first two days are restricted to trade professionals working in architecture, design, property, construction, retail, industry suppliers and students.
Anyone not working within these sectors is not eligible to attend on trade days. Children under 16 are not permitted. Babies and toddlers (aged 0-2) are permitted, only if they are in a pram or carrier at all times.
The last day of the show is open to the general public.
Do You Qualify for a Free Trade Registration?
Trade professionals associated with design, furniture and interiors industry including architects, designers, developers, builders, retailers and other affiliates with a valid, verifiable ABN are welcome to register for Design Show Australia, for FREE before 15 June 2023.
2024 Dates, Times & Venue
International Convention Centre Sydney
Darling Harbour, NSW
Dates & Times
Thursday, 13 June 2024, 10am – 5pm
Friday, 14 June 2024, 10am – 5pm
Trade & Public Day
Saturday, 15 June 2024, 10am – 5pm
How can I book a stand?
To find out more about exhibiting, contact our sales team today!
Will I need to bring identification with me?
For trade day attendees, Yes. Proof of industry involvement may be requested at the registration counters or the entrance, and can include:
- A business card in your name; or
- Employee verification on company letterhead; or
- Evidence of membership of a relevant professional or industry association.
Do I need a Visa for Australia?
Most international visitors will require a Visa to enter Australia. Applications need to be made well in advance at the Australian Consulate in your own country or in some cases can be made online. It is not our company’s policy to provide invitation letters to visitors wishing to attend our shows. For more information on applying for a Visa visit the Department of Immigration website.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
HESITANT ABOUT COVID-19 IMPACTS ON YOUR TICKET PURCHASE?
Rest assured that the safety of our community is our absolute priority and comes first before all else. We will take all necessary precautions for public health and follow State Governments Health guidelines that are in place at the time of our event.
- If you can’t travel due to COVID-19 border closures we will refund your ticket purchase
- If you can’t travel due to COVID-19 quarantine restrictions, we will refund your ticket purchase.
Tickets and/or badges (“Badges”) for Interiors Australia | DENFAIR (“Event”) are non-refundable (except where applicable under relevant legislation/regulations) and non-transferable and cannot be reproduced, upgraded or resold above the purchase value.
- The Event will only offer a refund or exchange of a badge if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event) or to the extent otherwise required by law
- The Event will provide refund or exchange of badge to any customers who is unable to travel to the event due to travel restrictions in relation to COVID-19
- The Event will provide a refund or exchange of badge to any customer who is quarantined at the direction of a medical professional (with applicable evidence) in relation to COVID-19
Further to this
- If the Event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased. Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange
- Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) the Event will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of the event, including travel and accommodation expenses
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation
- In most cases, refunds will be automatically processed to the credit card originally used for purchase
- The Event will take all necessary precautions for public health and follow national and local health guidelines, but tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded, or exchanged unless directly impacted in the above-listed ways or in other ways applicable to our refund policy
By purchasing a ticket to attend the Event, you agree to the below terms and conditions of entry.
- All visitors are required to register. The organisers will record your details in a secure database in order to produce a badge, generate statistics and to contact you via mail, email, SMS or social media with information about the event/s and future editions of the event/s.
- Visitors agree they will not promote their products or services to exhibitors while attending the show. Visitors found in breach of this rule may be asked to leave the event immediately and be refused entry to future events
- The Event’s speakers and guests are subject to change or cancel without notice. All show features are subject to availability and access is not guaranteed and/or may require an additional fee.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen Tickets/Badges.
- Lüp and Lüp Tickets acts as the Event ticketing agency. Price of tickets are promoted in AUD$ and inlcude GST.
- Each ticket order will incur a processing fee of 2.5% for Visa, Mastercard and Amex.
- The Event reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute speakers and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity, should circumstances change.
- The right to admission is reserved and is subject to the seller’s and the venue’s terms and conditions.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged, defaced or machines read as invalid and used or are not purchased
- All entry tickets purchased online before midnight of the early bird closing will be charged at the discounted early bird rate. All entry tickets purchased after the early bird closes will be charged at the non-discounted full price rate, unless a speciality discount code is in promotion.
- We reserve the right to change any event schedules without notification due to unforeseen circumstances.
All transactions are final. No refunds are permitted, except where required by relevant legislation/regulations.
- In the case of event cancellation, a full refund will be offered in line with Australian consumer law.
- In the case of event postponement, your ticket will be transferred and valid for the rescheduled event. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled event a full refund will be offered
- Should a speaker or guest not appear at the event for any reason, tickets to the Event are non-refundable.
Trade Days (Thursday, 15 and Friday, 16 June)
Admission on the above days is restricted to trade professionals affiliated with the interiors, furniture and design industry (architects, designers, developers/builders, manufacturers, distributors and retailers). To register for Trade Days you will need to supply a valid Company ABN (for Australian businesses only).
Persons not in the above categories will not be admitted on these days and are invited to register for the Public Day ticket.
When you register for the Event, you are declaring you have registered with legitimate business details provided through the relevant responses.
Dress attire is business or smart casual with appropriate footwear.
Public Day (Saturday, 17 June)
Admission on the above day is open to the general public.
Trade Days: These days are not recommended for children under the age of 16. If attending, babies and small children must be securely fastened into a backpack or stroller. This applies to the children of both visitors and exhibitors.
Public Day: Children are welcome. Babies and small children should be securely fastened into a backpack or stroller.
Under no circumstances are any children permitted into the exhibition halls during ‘move in’ and ‘move out’ of the Event. The organiser takes no responsibility for any accidents or injuries onsite.
- To protect the privacy and confidentiality of exhibitors and their products, no video or still photography from digital cameras or mobile phones is permitted.
- By registering to attend the Event or any associated event, you automatically consent to the Organiser using event photography and video in which you may appear for future marketing.
Please note that smoking is not permitted inside either venue.